Current available jobs are listed below.
Detroit Sales Representative
About The Position
Represent and sell Vander Mill Ciders in the market to established customers and develop new prospects within assigned territory. Responsible for maintaining sustainable records of sales achievements and maintaining through a CRM tool. Requires knowledge of Vander Mill’s range of products, organization philosophy and policies. Receives infrastructural assistance from direct report and company office. Works alongside Imperial Beverage for the Michigan market. May require working with other distributors and markets in support of Vander Mill.
Develop and maintain an organized list of key accounts in the territory for both on and off premise accounts
Sell the VM Brand to retailers in coordination with local distributors and their sales representatives
Call on key accounts on a regular and ongoing basis to review our brand programs and priorities
Regularly participate in on-premise promotional events
Regularly participate in off-premise promotional events and tastings
Direct accounts in proper and effective merchandising and consumer awareness of brands by guiding selection and proper shelf management positions
Conduct staff training in on and off-premise accounts, as needed
Regularly update and maintain market information in Vander Mill’s CRM tool
Regularly communicate with direct report from Vander Mill
Preferred candidate lives in Detroit, Greater Detroit or Eastern Michigan area
Proven success in sales call strategies
Knowledge of the Craft Beer/Cider industry and community
High level of professionalism and experience working within sales
Must be highly organized, have attention to detail and good time management ability
An entrepreneurial drive, preferred with proven 1-3 years with field sales experience-ideally within the beverage or hospitality industry is a plus
Must have business acumen and keen negotiating skills
Considered a good communicator with an enthusiasm and passion for pursuits
Excellent computer skills
College degree preferred, but not required
Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and own vehicle to travel
Please send your resume to Troy Lewis at Troy@vandermill.com.
Front of House Staff
About The Position
We are currently looking to expand our Front of House (FOH) team at our Grand Rapids taproom!
Have management experience? Looking for a serving gig? Love being behind the bar? We’d love to add you to the team!
Looking for servers with at least two years of experience with a great attitude, attention to detail and ability to work in a fast pace environment.
Bartenders must have a strong craft beverage knowledge, work quickly and efficiently and have a strong, confident personality. Management experience preferred. We are looking to expand our management team with the ideal candidate being able to be a head bartender/MOD.
Send your resume to Rebecca@vandermill.com or stop by and fill out an application and we’ll be in touch.
We are looking forward to meeting you!
Back of House Staff
About The Position
Line Cook and/or Prep cook:
- Possess the ability to work multiple stations
- Ability to set up/deconstruct food station(s) including the completion of necessary line prep
- Maintaining a cleaned and organized line
- Capable of communicating effectively and efficiently with fellow co-workers
- Cook and execute dishes in cooperation the kitchen teams
- Follow instructions of the Executive Chef and/or Sous Chef’s instructions
- Comply with sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Ability to follow recipes and create many made from scratch items and sauces
- Maintain a positive attitude during peak volume
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Comfortable standing and walking for extended periods of time
- Product handling
- Cleanliness & consistency standards
- Minor Prep
- Perfect position to move into either a prep and/or line cook position
- Possess the ability to be prompt and be able to pay attention to detail
- Standard dish washing duties
- Prior cooking/kitchen experience preferred, however not necessary.
- A thorough understanding of cooking methodology
- Encompassing the completion of daily activities while maintaining accuracy and speed.
- Full time and part time available
- Weekends are required in your availability
We are looking for individuals to start immediately. Please stop into 505 Ball Street NE to fill out an application. Attached with your application, please denote if you are inquiring about full time or part time. Also please include your availability. Please NO phone calls.
About The Position
Performs general labor positions in the Production Department to include:
– Case Stacking
– Case Packing
– Label/Code Inspection
– Other General Labor tasks as assigned
– Maintain a neat, organized, clean, and sanitary working area
– Document all safety, quality, and production information as required
– Ability to work as a team member with other members of the production team
– Ability to use sanitizing and cleaning chemicals properly according to safety regulations as well as to handle and properly and safely use all equipment to sanitize and clean the equipment and working area.
– Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 55 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 165 lbs. to waist height
Starting wage: $12 per hour
We are looking for individuals to start immediately. Please apply here.
Vander Mill is seeking an outgoing cider enthusiast to represent our brand at a variety of events. This part-time job is responsible for executing a range of promotional events at festivals, bars, restaurants, and stores. Promoting Vander Mill as a representative for our ciders and forging relationships on our behalf are all crucial responsibilities.
The appropriate candidate will already be active in their region’s nightlife and have relationships that positively reflect upon Vander Mill. We are looking for someone with a social personality who enjoys interacting with people of all types, and has a high appreciatation for the products Vander Mill brings to market.
Duties could include but are not limited to:
Event set up/tear down
Off Premise samplings
Social media promotion
Interaction with venue/festival and Vander Mill customers
Promoting Vander Mill
Building consumer relationships in a fun, easygoing approach
Ability to lift 50lbs/move 150lb kegs
Social, outgoing personality
Able to provide own transportation
Knowledge of Vander Mill products and category position
21+ years of age
We are looking for individuals to start immediately. Please email your resume to Thomas@Vandermill.com